The Autism Spectrum Support Group of Southern Maryland is pleased to announce that a limited number of Camp Scholarships are now available for 2019 for individuals with autism (under 21 years old) in Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary’s Counties.
The Camp Scholarship (also called a “Campership”) may be applied to any summer camp or summer program of your choice for an amount up to $150.00 (one Camp Scholarship per family, please).
To apply, please do the following:
- Choose a camp or program you would like your child to attend. The camp does not have to be autism-specific.
- Obtain proof of diagnosis of an autism spectrum disorder (ASD), such as the front page of your child’s IEP or a professional diagnosis on official letterhead, and make a Xerox copy or electronic scan to PDF.
- Complete the Camp Scholarship Application using one of the following three methods:
- Click on and complete the Google Form below to complete the application and submit it online
- Download and complete the paper application linked here: 2019 Fillable SG Camp Scholarship Application, Save the file and email the application to email@example.com
- Print out and complete the application by hand and mail it to Autism Spectrum Support Group of SOMD, PO Box 2162, California, MD 20619
- Attach the proof of diagnosis to your mailed or emailed application, or mail/email the proof once you have filed your mailed or emailed application or Google Form application. Your application will not be considered complete until proof of disability is provided. Please send proof of diagnosis as soon as possible. All information submitted is confidential.
- Register your child for the summer camp on your application if you have not already done so.
- Please note that the Campership award will be paid directly to the summer camp or program upon verification of enrollment; we do not pay checks or reimbursements to the families. If the child fails to attend the summer camp or program, the Campership award will be rescinded.
Because of the limited number of Camperships we can provide at this time, families are now eligible to apply for a Campership once every three years. If your family has received a Campership any time since January 1, 2017, your family will not be eligible for an award in 2019. This new requirement is intended to give new families an opportunity to apply; thank you for understanding this change in policy.
Application deadline is May 25, 2019; all applications must be time-stamped, emailed or postmarked by 11:59 PM on that date.
Campership awards are “first come, first served” and are time-stamped upon receipt of both the form and proof of disability. Camperships will be divided equally among each of the three counties. Applications will be informed of a decision by June 1, 2019.